- 250g dried large pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese.
For a quick and easy meal for the whole family, try this tasty tuna pasta bake.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Lightly grease an 8 cup-capacity baking dish. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add pasta, olive and tuna. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Top with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
Cool. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.